A Typical Day Sail Itinerary
Please arrive in plenty of time to register at the start of the day. The ship sails promptly and boarding is not permitted once the gangway has been detached.
A sample itinerary for your day may be as follows:
- 0915 Passengers arrive - to be met on the gangway by a ship's representative
- 0930 All attend the Captain's welcome - Captain introduces Pelican's crew
- 0945 Briefing by 1st Mate on safety and donning life jackets, followed by practice emergency muster
- 1000 Prepare to leave the slip (quayside)
- 1130 Passengers invited to a briefing on sail setting, tacking and wearing ship
- 1145 Begin tacking, wearing ship and setting sail
- 1230 Buffet lunch for passengers - there may be two sittings
- 1500 Invitation to passengers (weather permitting) to go for a supervised, fully assisted climb to main tops (platform). A full briefing will be given by our Bosun or Bosun's Mate and crew will be positioned in the rigging to assist you
- 1530 Afternoon Tea
- 1645 Coming alongside
- 1700 Captain's Wash Up and passenger departure
Click here to book
Staying Overnight In Weymouth
You may wish to make a weekend of your time in Weymouth and combine a day sail on board Pelican with a number of other interesting things to do in the area. Adventure Under Sail can provide you with a list of accommodation to suit any budget. Please call us for details.
Where to Find Us
TS Pelican's home port is Weymouth, from where Adventure Under Sail operates the day sail experiences.
By Public Transport: Weymouth is very accessible by train and National Express routes from London. South West Trains runs a regular service each day from London Waterloo. Frequent coaches run to Weymouth via Bournemouth from London Victoria coach station. The ship is then a short walk from the station or coach stop, keeping the beach on your left hand side.
The map below will help you to find the ship.
Voyages | Support Us | About Us | Sitemap | Login
Adventure Under Sail Ltd.
Unit 6, Basepoint Business Centre, 15 Jubilee Close,
Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 7BS.
Telephone: +44(0) 1305 858274 / +44(0) 1305 858273
Registered Charity No: 1124276