Call: 01305 858274
To confirm your berth please print and send our voyage booking form and medical questionnaire to the below address:
Unit 6 Basepoint Business Centre
15 Jubilee Close
TERMS & CONDITIONS
In signing this form you agree to accept a berth under the conditions set out below. This contract is governed by English law, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts with regard to any claim, dispute or other matter arising in connection with the contract.
Adventure Under Sail (hereinafter to be referred to as AUS) cannot under any circumstances accept any person who is pregnant, or is a carrier of a serious communicable disease (e.g. Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C & HIV). Disabled persons will be considered on an individual basis.
AUS reserves the right to refuse any booking for any reason which in its opinion might affect or endanger the safety of T.S. PELICAN and or any person or persons onboard.
The fee payable covers a berth and food whilst on board but does not include travel to or from terminal ports.
AUS undertake to:
· Ensure that the vessel will be under the command of a suitably qualified individual, supported by the required professional crew.
· Ensure that all fire-fighting, lifesaving and safety equipment on board T.S. PELICAN conforms to statutory requirements.
· Within one month of commencement of the voyage, the date, time and place for embarking and disembarking the Pelican of London will be sent to voyage crew.
· AUS reserves the right to cancel a voyage for any reason beyond its control, including, but not limited to severe weather, which may endanger the safety of the vessel and crew. AUS will issue a credit note but otherwise accept no liability whatsoever.
As a Crew Member I undertake to:
· Sign on under current statutory regulations and become a member of the voyage crew.
· Carry out tasks assigned to me by the Master and permanent crew members.
· Meet the cost of my own travel to and from T.S. PELICAN.
· Declare any problems or medical conditions on the form provided and give details of all prescribed medication. (This information to be provided on the Medical form).
· I will notify any change in my personal medical condition between booking and commencement of the voyage, in writing
· If required by AUS I will obtain, at my own expense, a letter from my GP confirming I am fit to undertake a voyage of this nature.
· Authorise the Master to consent to any emergency medical treatment deemed necessary without recourse to next of kin and to reimburse AUS for any expenses that are incurred.
· Declare any criminal record.
· Hold a full passport for all voyages, current for at least 3 months beyond the final day of the voyage. Consult my GP for any foreign health requirements. I understand that if I do not hold a valid passport or necessary travel documents, I will be unable to sail.
· Accept the assigned berthing accommodation. Where possible assignments to cabins will be for all persons of the same gender.
· Arrange adequate travel insurance (see insurance section below)
· Accept the payment terms below.
· 25% deposit required on booking
· Balance of berth fee two months before departure
· Cheques made payable to ‘Adventure Under Sail’
Before sailing, I understand that I must purchase a comprehensive insurance policy which covers:
1. Travel to include training under sail, working aloft under full supervision and activities ashore.
2. All Medical & Dental Expenses
3. Personal Accident & Injury
4. Personal Effects
Accidents or injuries directly attributable to the ship or her permanent crew are covered by the Companies Liability Insurance, including repatriation if necessary. Liability may have to be proved.
I must provide AUS with the policy number, expiry date and emergency contact telephone number of the insurer prior to sailing. Should I not provide these details prior to the voyage, I understand that I will not be able to sail.
· At any time after acceptance of booking refund of deposit less £50 administration fee.
· 2 calendar months before departure - Deposit not refundable.
· 1 calendar month before departure - Liable to 50% of voyage cost.
· Less than 1 calendar month before departure - Liable to 100% of voyage cost.
N.B. Voyage crew should refer to their own insurance provider to establish whether cancellation fees are covered
Sailing can be a particularly dangerous activity in rough weather which may be encountered at any time during the voyage. AUS shall not be liable to me for any damage, loss or injury consequential, direct, economic or indirect, arising out of, or in connection with the specified voyage or cruise. The master and permanent crew of T.S. PELICAN shall have no responsibility for failure of the vessel to complete the voyage or scheduled programme, due to severe weather, mechanical breakdown whilst at sea or for any other reason beyond the control of AUS or any other person for whom AUS is legally responsible.
AUS may cancel a voyage up to two weeks before its departure date, if bookings are less than 50%. If cancellation is by AUS, either an alternative AUS voyage or a full refund of the berth fee will be offered but AUS shall not be liable for any other sum by way of compensation.
Any change of voyage choice made at the request of voyage crew will incur an administration charge of £50 and will be subject to availability.